HOME Brain Upgrade Neurotechnology Medical Dictionary Brain Facts Healthy & Smart Life @ BIONIC
Get Best Stress Management
Brain UpgradeNeurotechnology Persona InjuryCosmetic Surgery Medical DictionaryHOME
Symptoms usually develop quickly over minutes or hours - reacting to the stressful event. They usually settle fairly quickly, but can sometimes last for several days or weeks. Symptoms of acute stress reactions may include the following:
- Psychological symptoms such as anxiety, low mood, irritability, emotional ups and downs, poor sleep, poor concentration, wanting to be alone.
- Recurrent dreams or flashbacks, which can be intrusive and unpleasant.
- Avoidance of anything that will trigger memories. This may mean avoiding people, conversations, or other situations, as they cause distress and anxiety.
- Reckless or aggressive behaviour that may be self-destructive.
- Feeling emotionally numb and detached from others.
- Physical symptoms such as:
-- A thumping heart (palpitations)
-- Feeling sick (nausea)
-- Chest pain
-- Tummy (abdominal) pains
- Breathing difficulties
The physical symptoms are caused by stress hormones, such as adrenaline (epinephrine), which are released into the bloodstream, and by overactivity of nervous impulses to various parts of the body.
Brain Foods Skin Care Neurotechnology Brain Facts Healthy & Smart Life @ BIONIC