HOME Brain Upgrade Neurotechnology Medical Dictionary Brain Facts Healthy & Smart Life @ BIONIC
Use Your Best Mnemonics
Brain UpgradeNeurotechnology Medical DictionaryHOME
1. Here is an example of a spelling mnemonic: A principal at a school is your pal, and a principle you believe or follow is a rule.
2. Another commonly used Spelling Mnemonic is combined with an Ode/Rhyme Mnemonic.
I before e except after c
or when sounding like a
in neighbor and weigh
3. A third example deals with the problems some learners have remembering that there is an "a" in the middle of separate and not an "e." A Spelling Mnemonic combined with an Image Mnemonic may be used to spell the word sep rate using an exaggerated "a."
4. To spell Mississippi, many learners combine a Rhythm Mmnemonic with a Spelling mnemonic: M-iss-iss-ipp-i.
5. Here are some more examples of spelling mnemonics:
Geography: George Edwards Old Grandma Rode A Pig Home Yesterday.
Arithmetic: A Rat In The House May Eat The Ice Cream.
Saskatchewan: Ask At Chew An with an S in front of it.
Take the 1st letter of each type of mnemonic listed above and print them below on the line.
HOME Brain Foods Skin Care Neurotechnology Brain Facts Healthy & Smart Life @ BIONIC