HOME Brain Upgrade Neurotechnology Medical Dictionary Brain Facts Healthy & Smart Life @ BIONIC
How to detect a liear
Brain UpgradeNeurotechnology Medical DictionaryHOME
Watching a person's face when he or she is talking can tell you a lot about whether the person is lying, since it is difficult to control facial expressions and the emotions behind them.
A few facial signs to watch for that may suggest that someone is lying:
- expressions that don't match the words that are being said (saying I love you with an angry scowl)
- expressions that don't match the timing of the words (saying Wonderful! and not smiling until a few seconds later)
Here are some other facial signs that a person might be lying:
- hiding emotions (showing no emotion)
- masking real emotions with false ones
- showing emotion when none is felt
Experts also recommend focusing on the eyes and forehead, which are harder areas of the face to control than the mouth and cheeks. It's in these areas where honest emotion can be more easily detected.
HOME Brain Foods Skin Care Neurotechnology Brain Facts Healthy & Smart Life @ BIONIC